Business Administration - Accounting Concentration (CPA and CMA Preparatory), B.S.
The Accounting concentration offers a broad range of accounting courses that prepare students for accounting, auditing, or tax positions in public accounting firms, corporations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Students completing the Accounting Concentration will meet the educational requirements for the Uniform Certified Accounting Exam and the Certified Management Accounting Exam.
Upon completion of the concentration in accounting, students will be able to do the following:
- Define elements of financial statements, prepare, evaluate, and make needed adjustments in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards and technology.
- Apply appropriate technologies to analyze transactions, calculate and evaluate financial statement ratios and other metrics.
- Apply appropriate technologies to conduct accounting and tax research.
- Identify the nature, scope and objectives of different types of engagements.
- Identify and apply appropriate accounting standards and the concepts of professional skepticism and judgement to this issuance of opinions.
- Identify and explain IT control, risks, and applications.
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethics including data ethics, social responsibility and the professional codes of professional conduct.
|ACCT 224||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 225||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BADM 100||Explorations in Business||3|
|BADM 110||Information Technology for Business||3|
|BADM 201||Business Law I||3|
|BADM 206||Math Methods in Business and Economics||3|
|BADM 340||Financial Management||3|
|BADM 342||Legal and Social Environment of Business||3|
|BADM 510||Seminar in Business Policy||3|
|ECON 316||Statistics for Business and Economics||3|
|ACCT 320||Accounting Systems||3|
|ACCT 321||Financial Reporting I||3|
|ACCT 322||Financial Reporting II||3|
|ACCT 330||Cost Accounting||3|
|ACCT 335||Federal Taxation - Individuals||3|
|Select one of the following: 1||3|
|Advanced Financial Accounting|
|Federal Taxation - Entities|
|Required Support Course|
|COMM 306||Business Writing and Presentation||3|
Note: Student career goals in accounting (e.g., CPA licensure) will determine the most appropriate courses to take in this category. Students should discuss these options with their faculty advisor.